ULTRASOUND SOLUTIONS is pleased to present Raymond Gaiser, MS, RDMS, RVT, Radiology Administrator and Vascular Clinical Instructor, for one dynamic day of VIRTUAL Vascular Sonography! Join us for a Vascular Technology Review!
This one-day virtual event will provide participants with a greater understanding of a broad range of topics in the field of Vascular Sonography. This comprehensive review will be helpful to those preparing for registry and certification exams. It will also enhance general knowledge of vascular sonography, as well as acquaint attendees on how to apply vascular principles to improve daily scanning and image optimization. (Approved for 7.5 SDMS CME credits)
Upon completion of this educational activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the basic principles of hemodynamics and Doppler principles.
- Identify normal and abnormal vascular anatomy on the 2D ultrasound study.
- Accurately identify, measure, and calculate normal and abnormal CW Doppler and PW Doppler flow velocities and waveforms.
- Identify normal and abnormal arterial and venous color flow Doppler patterns seen on the ultrasound examinations.
- Accurately identify normal and abnormal gray scale imaging.
- Evaluate patient signs and symptoms, incorporating indication for referral; known risk factors; relevant past medical history; current medications or therapies; and pertinent demographic, cultural, social, and family history.
- Recognize and compare other diagnostic results including clinical findings, radiographic findings, surgical findings, pathological findings, and clinical outcomes.
- Understand different treatment plans for various vascular conditions.
- Understand the process of quality improvement as it relates to vascular testing.
About Our Speaker
Raymond Gaiser, MS, RDMS, RVT, is both a Radiology Administrator and a Registered Vascular Sonographer. He has been dedicated to this field for over 23 years and has been the main Vascular Sonography Clinical Instructor at Thomas Jefferson University for 15 years.
Raymond received his Master of Science degree in Hospital Administration at Thomas Jefferson University in 2014 and currently serves as the Director of Radiology at Pennsylvania Hospital.
He has maintained a strong passion for learning and he believes in learning through teaching. Mr. Gaiser is co-author of Vascular Technology Examination PREP, 2nd Edition, published by McGraw Hill earlier this year. In all his professional endeavors, he supports his belief that successful students become successful healthcare providers.
8:00 AM – 8:05 AM Welcome/Introduction
8:05 AM – 10:00 AM Hemodynamics, Physics & Instrumentation; Extracranial Cerebrovascular
10:00 AM – 10:10 AM Break
10:10 AM – 12:10 PM Intracranial Cerebrovascular; Peripheral Venous
12:10 PM – 12:40 PM Lunch Break
12:40 PM – 2:25PM Peripheral Arterial
2:25 PM – 2:35 PM Break
2:35 PM – 3:35 PM Abdominal Vascular
3:35 PM – 4:20 PM Miscellaneous Tests & Conditions; Quality Assurance/Improvement
4:20 PM – 4:35 PM Questions and Answers
This activity has been approved for 7.5 SDMS CME credits.
The CME participant roster will be reported to the SDMS CME Tracker System.